Saturday, January 3, 2015

Who am I and what do I know of Shanghai?

Well. I am a 20-year old German guy, but I haven't lived in Germany for about 10 years due to my father's work for a French company called 'Saint-Gobain'.
He's been with that firm for about two decades, and has therefore climbed the corporate ladder a bit, and so it came that he was sent to France to manage an R&D complex in ChambĂ©ry. But destiny, karma, or whatever you want to call it,  had other plans, and the complex was taken over by a rivaling enterprise, and seeing as my dad is a loyal person, he chose to not work for the new owner and rather take me and my mom to Shanghai, where we proceeded to live for six and a half years.

I was only about 12 years old when we moved, and we stayed in China for my entire puberty and teenage life, and due to my adventurous, extrovert being I experienced quite a lot of things most expats don't really get to see, which is why I think I have some interesting stories that are quite out of the ordinary to offer you. I'm not trying to brag here, mind you. I want to share what I saw, and want to make you understand the mind-boggling awesomeness of what you can encounter when traveling China.

There are stories that will sound so weird and unbelievable that you will have a hard time wrapping your mind around them! I naturally promise you that all stories you will find on here are a 100% real, and happened the way I portray them. If you want to travel to Asia, or are simply interested in the way of life there, this blog is for you! I will not only share stories but also provide insight as to handling delicate situations in China, behaving appropriately, and not getting ripped off. Every little bit of knowledge about China resting in my skull will be passed onto those of you deciding to follow this page, and trust me, that's a whole lot!

I am also going to make a few videos, upload pictures, and of course regularly provide you with stories, tips, and tricks on all things Shanghai and China!

I look forward to interacting with all of you, and hope for an interested readership!

Greetings,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment